Sunday, October 26, 2014

A Little Backtracking...Cycle 3, Week 9: Compromise of 1850 and the lymph system...and a free printable!

Last week I was pretty tired...this week I've got it together a little better.  BUT...I accidentally skipped week 9 so we went ahead and did week 10 last week and we're going to go back and cover week 9 this week.  Make sense? : )

And if you think about it, please pray for healing for my left knee.  I know I've got fluid and arthritis in it but it was doing much better after my second shot several weeks ago.  I've been playing with the kids, taking a few walks, but after a busy weekend with a lot of walking, I feel a lot of pressure in there.  : (  I'm praying it'll get better soon!

Week 9
History: Compromise of 1850, Fugitive Slave Act, Dred Scott decision
*I love these little videos.  This would be a great idea for an end of the year homeschool project, too (pick your favorite week of cycle 3 history/science and do a video of it like this)

*Dred Scott video (I would say more appropriate for older kids)
*Fugitive slave act video...I thought it was informative and interesting









I thought this was helpful, too.  I pinned some more videos and things on my Classical Conversations Cycle 3 board.









Science: lymph system
*A blog post with some kid-friendly ideas; different post on the same blog with links to printables and ideas about the human body
*A helpful diagram from this page
video about the lymph system (about 8 min and animated)

I posted this free printable report card on my facebook page last week, but I wanted to pass it on here, too, in case you're like me and about to do report cards.  I LOVE these free, cute printables that you can customize for your specific needs.  I used them last year and really liked them.

Hope you have a great week!



No comments: