Sunday, July 21, 2013

Back to Blogging!

 So much has been going on lately....it's hard to know where to start.  I haven't been posting very often because....my computer died!  I'm hoping it'll be fixed soon so my blogging can get back to normal. Some of the highlights of recent weeks are:
~A family photo shoot!!  Here are two of the pictures.  I absolutely LOVE how all of them turned out!  We mainly did this as a part of Seth's first birthday present.  We wanted to get some good pictures to celebrate him.  I have yet to put up pictures of him around the house like I did with the other two...I've got to get on it!  I was determined not to do less for baby #3...but it's hard to keep up when you've got two other little ones!  My goal before the end of the summer...pics of Seth around the house! : )
Love my family!  The verse on the frame in front of us says, "We love because He first loved us."  I can't think of any words that sum it up better than that!
~My birthday!  Yes...another year has passed.  I have to admit that this year seemed a little different to me.  I turned 36, and for some reason being closer to 40 than 30 made me feel kind of old.  I'm sort of realizing that it's true that I'm not in my 20's anymore.  I haven't been there in a while, but my mind kept reverting back to my 20's a lot.  Now that the 30's are heading towards the 40's...I don't know, there's just something different about it.  Another thing is that I remember being in high school when my mom was still in her late 30's!  Yikes!  When my kids are in high school I'll be....well, we won't go there. : )  It was a great birthday, though, spent at my parent's house and eating chocolate cake and homemade chocolate ice cream...yum!
~My first Iphone!!  It was all I wanted for Mother's Day.  Even though it was free with an upgrade, it was still a commitment to have one of these babies.  I thought I would really like it....and I've come to realize that I don't just like it...I LOVE it!!  It's awesome.  And it was perfect timing when I got it, too, because it came on a Thursday and my computer died on Friday.  I have thoroughly enjoyed being able to have the internet, facebook, and so many other cool apps at my fingertips!  And...confession time...I'm kind of addicted to Candy Crush Saga. ; )
~Seth's surgery.  Seth had ear tube surgery about a week ago.  Praise the Lord, everything went very smooth.  In fact, he has been starting to try to say more words (yay!), has been taking about 2-3 hour naps during the day and sleeping well all night.  I'm even able to just lay him down for naps and bedtimes without him screaming.  I hesitate with doing surgeries on my children...I just want to be sure it's right for them.  Now I know that this was definitely a good decision for Seth.  

There have been some good times and some hard times in the past weeks, but we can definitely say that the Lord has been with us.  We have definitely felt His presence.

I will be posting a book review and a book giveaway soon, so stay tuned!  Thanks for reading and I hope you're having a great summer!
God bless~

No comments: