Thursday, July 31, 2014

Our DoTerra Essential Oils Story

I've been talking a lot on Facebook lately about essential oils and how they've helped our family.  Let me just begin by saying, I really can't believe I'm actually writing about this because I never would've dreamed we'd be on this journey.  Not too long ago, I saw a facebook friend posting almost the exact same things....how she had bought a kit and how much it was helping her family.  I thought.."Oils?  How in the world can an oil help us?" Needless to say, I was skeptical.

Our story:
Our family has a variety of health issues.  I was just telling a friend the other day how we get the strangest, random illnesses and typically they won't just affect one family member.  We've had years of ear infections which led to multiple surgeries for the kids, allergies that have led to skin reactions (eczema, bad bug bite reactions, weird rashes), stomach viruses and even most recently all three kids have had a round of Fifths disease--yeah, I had never heard of that either. All of these issues have led to thousands of dollars in doctor/hospital/pharmacy bills.  So let's just say I was more than willing to find some alternative treatment.

I had heard about essential oils from a friend in town, but I wanted to check it out further.  So I contacted my go-to friend when it comes to health and wellness.  She has given me countless amounts of tips and advice from money saving to eating organic.  I knew she would also tell me straight...was this oil thing legit?  Come to find out, she had the same questions not long before I did and had been trying the oils herself.  She gave me a testimony about her experience that convinced me.  Not only that, but she and another friend put together some samples for me to try.  After trying them out on my kids and myself...I was in.

I want to be sure you know that this is not a miracle cure.  It's an all natural support to help your body fight a variety of issues.  Here is a great blog post that tells another family's story and some good essential oils info.

You're convinced now, right?! : )  Several friends and family have asked me...ok, how do I get some of this stuff?!  There are a couple of ways you can buy the oils.

How to buy:
Each oil has a retail and wholesale price.  DoTerra has a membership program (similar to buying a Sam's/Costco membership) and it costs $35.  The membership allows you buy any oil or product at the wholesale price. Another benefit to becoming a member is that you can be a part of my team, which gives you access to private facebook support groups where you can ask questions and get feedback from experienced oil users. There are also enrollment kits.  For my family, this made sense to me.  Some of the oils I was interested in for joint pain (Frankincense and Deep Blue) were two of the most expensive oils.  I could get an enrollment kit that included those two oils as well as 9 more for a discounted price.  Also, when you get an enrollment kit the membership fee is waived, so you'll be able to buy oils for the next year at the wholesale price.  This month (today is the last day!) there is also a special deal.  If you become a member and buy 100 points ("pv"=point value; point values are almost equal to the dollar amount) worth of product you get 50 free points worth of products next month.  That's about the equivalent to $50 in free stuff.  With the kit I bought, I paid $150 for 11 oils, but got a $35 enrollment fee waived and $50 in free stuff...that's $85 right there that I automatically got back.  The last option is to just buy what you want at retail price.  Click here for the link to the different enrollment kits.

My family is probably like many of yours....we don't have an extra $150 just laying around.  This is an investment in our health.  Just to put it into perspective, last week I had to take my daughter for an ENT check up.  It was an automatic $45 for the copay.  We had to pay for gas for a 45 minute one way drive.  She had an ear infection and had to have medicine, which cost money.  I didn't even know she had an ear infection, but if I had I could've tried oils to help support her body to fight it.  If I can prevent one doctor visit, my oil kit is paid for.  Just a thought....that blew my mind!

Here are some oil combinations that you might use for various health issues you/your child might have:
eczema: I put melaleuca and lavender directly on my patches.  You could also add Frankincense. For small children you'll want to dilute the oils with fractionated coconut oil.  You can buy it from DoTerra or from Amazon.  I bought a big bottle for only about $9 on Amazon.
allergies: for me and my kiddos, I have a mix of peppermint, lavender, and lemon in a small bottle that has a roller on top.  All I need is one drop (yes, just one drop because it's very concentrated!) of each oil in that bottle and fill the rest with the coconut oil.  I roll it on the kids' feet at night (the feet have the largest pores on the body) and put some socks on them.  I use a stronger version on my own feet and have noticed that it has helped me with being able to breathe better at night. I no longer have to use nose spray (yay!)
bug bites/sores/rashes/diaper rash: lavender is great for this!  Dilute it for kids, but I put it directly on mine.

These are just a few examples.  With my Family Physician's kit, I can treat 30+ ailments.  There's also an oil in there that is 90% effective against the flu.  This is great for us because my youngest son is allergic to eggs, which means he can't have the flu vaccine.  This may also mean that our family doesn't need the flu vaccine!  The possibilities are amazing!

Where to go to buy:
Click here to go to the link to my page.  Here are some instructions on what to do next:
When you go to this link, scroll down to the bottom of the page where you see "quick links" and under that you'll see "sign up/join" and click on that. On "step 1" you'll highlight the "join as a new wellness advocate"...it just gives you the most benefits. On the next page you just fill out the info (my name/number will be at the top on step 2). I think the rest should be self-explanatory but if you do have any questions, don't hesitate!

If you have any trouble, please contact me and I can get the answer for you!

Thanks for taking the time to read through this!  I would not be so convinced to share about these oils if I had not tried them for myself and seen the positive results.  I've also heard testimony after testimony of how the lives of others have changed for the better--less doctor visits and prescription drugs--after using essential oils.  Let me know how I can help you and pray for you and your family!

God bless~

No comments: