Thursday, October 16, 2014

Ten Things I Love About You

(Photo by Kay Kelley)

Today is a big day.  This day 10 years ago, this man and I said, "I DO!" and began this roller coaster called marriage.  We've had our ups and downs, thrills, scary moments, but I would do it again...and again.  I definitely wouldn't want to go on this journey with anyone but him.  In honor of this momentous occasion...I thought I'd do a tribute to this guy.

Ten Things I Love About You
10...I love the way we can laugh together.  Laughter is so important in marriage.  And I'm glad I'm learning not to take everything so seriously : ).  I love those moments that something cracks us up so much that we do those crazy laughs and can't stop!

9....I love your sense of adventure.  You love a good roller coaster and would go anywhere around the world that God calls you to.  It compliments my love of travel and culture just perfectly. 

8....I love your patience.  Oh, how I love it.  I can think of so many moments that I have received that patience when I was upset, accusatory, frustrated...and you just sat there and listened.  In so many decisions I can hear you say, "Let's wait a while and pray about this first." God has led us in the right direction so many times through that patient seeking of His will.  I could go on and on...I am blessed!

7...I love the way you relate to others.  You have such a natural, easy way with people.  You can have a conversation with a kid, teenager, or adult...and they are at ease with you.  When there are people that aren't the easiest to talk to, you speak with them with respect and dignity.   

6...I love the way you lead me.  I'm not the easiest to lead sometimes.  I still have a little independent streak in me.  There have been lots of times that I thought I knew the best way and that's the way I wanted to do it.  You always try to steer me along the best way, even when I don't see it at the time.

5....I love your sense of direction.  I'm so thankful that the Lord put me with you...because if it were up to me, we'd always be lost!  lol  

4...I love the way you minister to me.  I am specifically thinking of the way you so willingly watch the children so I can get out of the house, have a girl's night, or even a girl's weekend!  You never act like it's an inconvenience to you when I'm at my wits end.  In fact, on more than one occasion you've encouraged me to do something for myself.  May I always see this as a privilege.

3...I love seeing you being a father.  Even though you'd never changed a diaper or any of those "Dad" things before we had Sophie, you jumped right in.  You are such a wonderful Daddy and it shows by the way our kids love you so much.  You are loving and patient with them.  It's not always easy for either of us, but I'm glad we can parent together and encourage each other to keep our cool when the going gets tough. It really warms my heart when you spend "Daddy time" with the kids.  They love it...and I love it, too.

2...I love that you protect my heart.  I have no fear that you will ever embarrass me, talk about me behind my back, joke about me...it's not even an issue.  There are many times, as a woman who has had babies, surgeries, and cancer, that I feel less than beautiful.  But you always make me feel loved and beautiful. You don't always express it in words, but you have always treated me with honor and respect.  I am a blessed woman!

1...I love the way you love the Lord.  That's really the root of all.  You love Jesus...and you want to help others to know and love Him as well.  The work of the Spirit enables you to persevere, speak truth in love, love me and our children, love family members, and share the Gospel to the ends of the earth.  I pray that our children will have a husband/wife who knows and loves God.  With all that we've been through over the past 10 years, I can't imagine making it through without God's presence in our lives.  Praise Him!

There are surely more than 10 things I love about you, Dearest, so this is just a sample.  Happy Tenth...may the Lord bless us with many more!  I love you!



No comments: