Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Classical Conversations Weeks 14 AND 15!

So...just like that I decided the kids and I would take a day off Monday and have an all day play date...which was MUCH needed.  And to be honest, I had it somewhere in my mind that Monday was MLK day this week instead of next week.  Oh, well...we may do some school on Saturday or do school Monday or something.  It'll get made up somewhere : ).  The kids and I are also going to take school on the road next week, so I wanted to go ahead and prepare next week's material also!  I'll start with this week and then do next week.  I may not put quite as many resources as I usually do...since I'm planning more and the little guy will only nap so long ;-).

Week 14:
*Here's a video that covers this week's info, but some of it is not current.  But the history, science, geography, Latin, and English is.

History: Tycoons
*After a little searching, I'm finding that this is not an easy topic to get general, kid friendly information about.  If you want to know more about these tycoons, you'll probably just have to look up each one individually.  Honestly, we probably won't do that. So we'll just learn the song and go from there.  I do have Story of the World books 3 and 4, so we made read from that.  If you need a GREAT resource that tells Netflix movies, Story of the World pages, and more that correlate with each week of Cycle 3. Click here to see it.

Science:
Again, probably just stick to the memory work and video above.

Math:
Suzanne Shares has some cute, free printables that you can use for the next couple of weeks!

Fine Arts: Rockwell
Biography from Wikipedia

Week 15
History: Theodore Roosevelt



Geography:
Songs for weeks 11-24:


Fine Arts: Georgia O'Keefe


Alrighty, friends...I know it's a little sparse, but I've been battling my computer all day!  : ) God bless!

No comments: