Sunday, September 13, 2015

Classical Conversations Cycle 1, Week 5

I didn't post last week...but my poor little kiddos didn't get a day off for Labor Day so we were going strong.  We were also dealing with a bad bug bite (little man is allergic), so posting just didn't happen.  Our plan for this school year is to go about 6 weeks and then take a week off to recharge, go on field trips, and gear up for another 6 weeks.  I think this will really help with burnout...which I had a struggle with last year.  I still haven't looked at where the free weeks will fall, but the plan is to hit our time off at the normal holidays.

So I'm just going to briefly put a few links up here that I've found.  Hope they help you this week!

History: split of the Roman Empire
*Love this cute idea from CCing It One Day At A Time...a thumb print display of the history sentence. I think mine will like this!
*We also have two Usborn books that'll be helpful....Romans and History of the Ancient Empires.  I'm sure we'll get some background from there.
*This is a cute site called Sir Dig-A-Lot that gives a brief synopsis of the Pax Romana

Geography: Egyptian Empire
* Love these geography cards...also from CCing It One Day At A Time
*These ancient Egypt coloring sheets are perfect!
*Free Great Pyramid model printable that can be found in this Discovering Ancient Egypt set

Science: invertebrates
We LOVE Brain Pop Jr.  Go here and click on the "Classifying Animals" movie.  We watched it earlier in the school year, but it does a great job explaining invertebrates. : )

Hope you have a great week!





No comments: