Thursday, October 10, 2019

Reviewer's Bookshelf: "Aiming for Love" by Mary Connealy


Book Summary (Goodreads): Growing up in Colorado, Josephine Madson has been fascinated by but has shied away from the outside world--one she's been raised to believe killed her parents. When Dave Warden, a rancher, shows up to their secret home with his wounded father, will Josephine and her sisters risk stepping into the world to help or remain separated but safe on Hope Mountain?

My thoughts...What a great way to start a new series by Mary Connealy! I loved the cover...reminded me of a female Robin Hood...which is fun to me. The concept of this novel had several interesting aspects. A trio of sisters who have basically raised themselves on a mountain in the wilds of the west, living without disturbance until a family from the bottom of the mountain enters their territory. This throws their controlled environment off kilter. Suddenly men are around, men who are younger than the only man they ever really knew, their grandpa. This challenges all they know...and don't know...about the opposite sex. There is also a new woman in their midst, a woman who acts and treats them much differently than their grandmother. While these three sisters are so courageous and strong with so many things, they have been raised on a hefty dose of fear about others. I also found their perspectives on the Bible and how they were taught to "read" very interesting...a nice element to the story. I thoroughly enjoyed the story of Josephine and look forward to reading the next book in the series!

**I was given a free copy of this book from the publisher via NetGalley in order to give my honest opinion, which I did.**

No comments: