Saturday, December 26, 2020

Reviewer's Bookshelf: "Sacred Tears: Simple Reminders That God Sees You and Loves You" by Lindsey Wheeler

 


My thoughts...This book is a beautiful combination of Lindsey Wheeler's personal story and ministry, meaningful quotes, and eye-catching images. Lindsey's message of love from God, even through difficult circumstances, is especially meaningful to me. As someone who has gone through the hardships of losing loved ones in the midst of broken relationships, financial struggles, and personal health battles, it's easy to retreat into oneself for protection and remain isolated. It's been especially hard for all of us as we're in a season of a pandemic and have been forced to become less engaged with people. Lindsey's message of hope, along with her encouragement to walk with others through the messy parts of life, has sparked a personal word from God in my heart to not let my own personal struggles paralyze me. God wants to use us, in the middle of our pain, to bless and walk with others through theirs. What a picture of what Christ does for us! I'm so grateful to have an opportunity to read this book and be inspired to live a life of courage and love for others!

**I was given a complimentary copy of this book in order to share my honest opinions, which I did.**

No comments: