Sunday, September 21, 2014

Cycle 3, Week 6: Louisiana Purchase, the Digestive System, and some great freebies!

It's been a great, but busy, weekend!  We celebrated my hubby's 50th birthday with a surprise party on Saturday!  It was a couple of months in the making...and I'm SO glad it went so well!  We have been blessed with some amazing family and friends...so thankful.  With that said...I am pretty wiped. But I need to get ready for school..tired or not.

I read that adding additional worksheets and things to the memory work is not necessary.  But honestly...my kids love it.  And I do, too.  I think it helps us remember the memory work better so that's why we do it.  Plus we don't have any other science or social studies curriculum, so this is what we do.  With that said...I enjoy making these resources available to anyone that might like to use them.  I hope they help you on your CC journey!

History: Louisiana Purchase/Lewis and Clark
Schoolhouse Rock video


Time Warp Trio....this is part one but I saw a link to the next part
*Free Louisiana Purchase worksheet
*Free Louisiana Purchase accordian foldable (You could use it in a lap book)
*Fun ideas from this Homeschool Book Club page...I like the cake idea :-)
*I pinned some other things on my Cycle 3 Pinterest board...check it out!

Science: the digestive system
*LOVE this FREE human body organ sytems foldable.  It would cover several things we've covered and then some.
*Magic School Bus Gets Eaten video!  My kiddos love MSB!
*Nice blog post with a set of free worksheets! that go into some great detail about digestion.  I just printed one copy for our family to do together.
*Short, factual video that shows the process:


Experiments:
*Digestive system demonstration
*Kinesthetic model of digestion
*Digestion in a bag

And...I think my FAVORITE activity is making an organs t-shirt! This blog even has free printables for stencils.  And I bought t-shirts at the dollar store!  Can't wait to try this!!

Latin: Nouns
Still searching for help with this, but I did find John 1 in Latin on this video...


English: Irregular Verb Tenses
*The blog Suzanne Shares has a FREE printable set of all of the irregular verb tenses that we're studying.  Looks great, as always!

*Still printing our state cards on crayola.com.  The kids are getting into the hang of coloring one a day and at the end of the week I laminate them.  I think we'll really enjoy being able to review with them!

And that will be all, my friends!  Hope you have a great week!

No comments: