Friday, April 2, 2010

Resurrection Eggs

This year I've been working with 5 and 6 year olds in Mission Friends at church. During Mission Friends we talk about missionaries, Jesus, how we can tell others about Jesus, how we can help others, and much more. This group of little ones is quite lively most weeks. Last week was no exception, but it was exciting to see what they were so lively about. My co-teacher had brought her set of Resurrection Eggs to the class. I had heard of these, but never seen them myself. I was interested to see what was going to be in each egg and I enjoyed watching the children respond to each part of the Easter story. This is such a great way to tell the story of Jesus, how He died on the cross for our sins, and on the third day...He rose again, victorious over death! I found a video on You Tube describing how to make your own set of Resurrection Eggs with your children. I'm going to attempt to put it on here...we'll see how it goes : ).

Hope you enjoy! God bless and Happy Easter!

No comments: