Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Reading...reading....reading...

It has been awhile since my last post! Honestly, I have given up my late night blogging time for sleep! Yay! I used to be up late with little man, but thankfully he's sleeping much better at night...and even taking naps during the day! What a blessing! So blogging has kind of been slow going. I still love it and enjoy it when I get those rare moments to have a little blogging time! Another thing I do enjoy doing during my free time is reading!

We have been involved in a new evangelism program at our church and are reading two books. These are awesome, challenging books! It has really made me think about how I view evangelism and God. I would recommend these to anyone...if you haven't read them already.


"Knowing God" by JI Packer and "Tell the Truth" by Will Metzger.
My other reading/Bible study that I am doing right now is a women's Bible study by Jennifer Rothschild. I just started it last Sunday and I am very excited about it! The women's ministry at our church does different Bible studies throughout the year. I have done some of them, and have enjoyed all of the ones that I've done so far. This Bible study focuses on your "thought closet"--what do we store in our minds. Some of it is good (our thoughts), some of it is not-so-good. This study should challenge me about my thought life.


And last, but not least...when I have some more free time...I have been reading these books! They have been fun to read. The author is Linda Chaikin. Each book start's with a day of the week (Monday's Child, Tuesday's child, etc) and "child" after it. Each book has a little suspense, a little romance, and some action. They also take place in all different parts of the world...Switzerland, French Algeria, Paris, the US, and my next one is in a new location. I would definitely recommend this series!


Happy reading and God bless!!

No comments: