Sunday, May 2, 2010

secret church



On Friday night, Joe and I had the privilege to go to an event called Secret Church. This was at the church at Brook Hills in Birmingham, AL. It was awesome! It was basically 7 hours of worship, learning about the persecuted church in Cuba, and being taught by David Platt, the pastor of the church. When I first heard about it, I thought...6 hours straight of basically listening to preaching?! I'm not sure how I'm going to pay attention that long! But it went about 7 hours and I was totally awake and enjoying every minute of it. God is using David Platt to teach the truth of God's Word to thousands. I felt like God used this time to teach Joe and I about how much we really have...and how much we don't need. So many people in this world are dying from starvation and we're distressed because we're not able to afford a nice vacation, a nice car, or the latest new gadget. It really puts things into perspective. If you get a chance...check this website out. When you watch the video, theres a little icon on the bottom right corner that'll link you to secret church. If it doesn't work, just look up secret church.

God bless!

No comments: