Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas to all!!

Merry Christmas, everyone!  It was a joy to watch my kids and their cousins reading and acting out the story of Christmas.  My Sophie girl got to play Mary (there she is holding baby Jesus : )), which was the role I had when I was a little girl.  Some of her cousins were angels, Isaac was a shepherd, and another little cousin was a shepherd, too.  We've been emphasizing the "true" meaning of Christmas much more this year now that our children are getting older and understand a little more.  What a privilege it is to share what Jesus did for us so many years ago in that humble stable with those we love.

Another family tradition is blowing out the candles on Jesus' birthday cake and singing Happy Birthday.  I did this when I was a child and, again, it's so neat to see this tradition passed on to my children.


And last, but not least, we wanted to send our love and blessings to all of you this Christmas.  The Lord has blessed us beyond measure and we look forward to many more blessings in the coming year.  We pray for His blessings on you and your family as well.  Merry Christmas and God bless!
The Daniel family 


1 comment:

"Mimi" Bryant said...

And note that this was the 40th year for that wooden cake and nativity figures! It has seen many birthday celebrations for Jesus!