Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Princess and the Kiss

My good friend, Jennifer, gave my Sophie girl a little gift last night.  I am so grateful for people who will do special things like that for my children!  Jennifer had this book for her little girl and when I told her I had never heard of it, she told me she was going to get it for her.  I had kind of forgotten about it, but remembered when Sophie opened it up last night. 

This book is titled, "The Princess and the Kiss".  It is a beautiful story with the theme of purity.  If any of you have a special girl in your life...even a big girl...I highly recommend it!  In this story, three days after the Princess is born, she is given a special gift from God: her first kiss.  Her parents tell her to treasure it and not give it away until she meets a man she will marry who is worthy of it.  When the princess gets older, she looks at the glass-covered kiss, and her joy in keeping it protected grows.  The time comes when suitors begin to come to the palace to court the princess.  Prince Peacock is first, but the Princess sees that he is too consumed with his looks and would never treasure her gift of the kiss.  Prince Romance follows, along with Prince Treasurechest, and many more.  She recognizes that none are worthy of her kiss.  Then the poor, humble farmer from nearby comes.  He does not have any wealth or promises to take her to exciting places around the world, but he has watched her from a distance and admired her.  He does offer her his treasure...his own first kiss that he's been saving for her.  They marry and exchanged their first kiss with one another.

Oh, this book is precious.  I love the message in this story and I'm so glad that I can begin imparting this kind of wisdom to my daughter in this way.  When we read it together last night she was totally into it.  Again, I would definitely recommend it!
God bless~Stacey

No comments: