Wednesday, August 21, 2013

More Cycle 2, Week 1 resources


We're over halfway through our homeschool week and I'm continuing to run across some great resources for our school time.  I really wanted to share!

We've been focusing on the Armor of God for our Bible time, since we're trying to focus on Ephesians 6 this year.  I thought these coloring pages with the verses on them were PERFECT!  The boy and girl picture links are both on this blog page and are free!  They are also dressed sort of medieval, so that goes right along with our studying medieval history this year.  Awesome.  I've seen this floating around on Pinterest...so I'm glad I checked it out.

We have also been playing our "Kingdom Chronicles" Vacation Bible School cd from earlier this summer.  I LOVE these songs an they fit right in with Ephesians 6 AND the medieval theme.  It's so neat how God puts these things together!  Here is a youtube video of "The Battle" song we've been listening to every day:



In the subject area of biomes, I found several links to some neat sites that some of you might enjoy.  One that I used today with my kids is the National Geographic page on biomes.  It explains what a biome is and gives some neat pictures of some animals in different parts of the world.  The pictures are great.  It would be nice if I could find some videos that showed some of the same things.

This page from Kids Konnect also has some info on biomes as well as several links to other fun sites.

I don't know if any of you have ever tried Brain Pop, but it is a lot of fun.  They have some great little cartoons that are funny and educational.  Way back when I first started teaching, my students and I discovered it and loved it...and fortunately it was free.  Then the price started going up, up, and up.  Now you can still see a few free ones and of course, you can pay to subscribe.  They do have a biomes video, but you have to subscribe to watch it.  But I did want to give you the heads up because I think they do have a few freebies for each subject area and it's worth checking out.

I think that's about it for now.  I really LOVE our Cycle 2 flip book that I've been using that is created by Melody Stroud at the blog And Here We Go!.  She has a page on CC Connected that I think has it there.  She also has TONS of great resources and links to other great resources on her blog.  

Hope this helps some of you and hope you have a great first week!  God bless!

No comments: