Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Some helpful Cycle 2 resources...and a few other things, too : )

I was looking through some of my favorite blogs the other day as I was prepping for this week, and I stopped by Suzanne Shares' homeschool stuff.  I'm glad I did....because there is some neat stuff on there!  I wanted to pass on her ideas.  I'm going to link to her blog, but I just wanted to share some of the neat stuff she mentioned:

*First of all, she added some more free printables...these are for demonstrative and interrogative pronouns.  I really love her printables.

*My kids LOVE The Magic Schoolbus.  Apparently, if you're on CC Connected (I'm not, but some of my friends are), you can look up the Magic Schoolbus video match-ups to what we're studying in Cycle 2.  We've been watching several, but it might be worth getting the free trial of Amazon Prime when we start back in January so we can see some of these!

*I didn't realize this, but there is a CC Cycle 2 app!  It's $15, which is a little much for me (I know, I'm cheap), but I might consider it if it has a good bit of stuff on there.  Sounds like it does!  The only issue...we don't have an Ipad, so I would have to put it on my Iphone.  Might be an issue...I'm not sure if it'll take up too much memory on my phone or not.

*I thought having a sleeping bag for your tin whistle was a cute idea!  I think we need to do this!

*This is not a CC idea...but I thought it was great, and you could do it with your CC group.  We did Ann Voskamp's Jesse Tree last year...I thought it was great.  Suzanne had the idea of doing a Jesse Tree Ornament Swap.  It would be a great way to celebrate the holidays and connect with friends.

*I was reading And Here We Go! blog, and she mentioned getting the Where In The World is Carmen Sandiego? complete series...which is only $5.99 right now!  That's 40 episodes!  This would be a great Christmas gift for the kiddos.  I'm seriously considering the free month of Amazon Prime for the holidays...that would mean free shipping!

And there's more to come!  I will be reviewing and giving away a free copy of the movie, "Coming Home for Christmas" before the end of this week.  Stay tuned for the review and giveaway!

2 comments:

Melody said...

Love your resource list, Stacey! I have a friend who has the app on her iPhone and loves it. Let me know if you get the Carmen DVDs; we watch them on Saturday mornings and really enjoy them! Have a great weekend, friend! :)

The Great Adventure said...

Thanks for stopping by and commenting, Melody! I think I'm going to definitely check out the app! I think it would be a good resource...especially since my kids love to play with my Iphone : ). I LOVED Carmen Sandiego as a kid...I'm pretty sure I'm going to get those dvds..what a great deal!