Monday, February 3, 2014

Catching up...week 14 and letter N

Last week, well...school just didn't happen.  It was a crazy week.  My Papa's burial and memorial was on Monday, we got in late that night and Tuesday I was just not physically and emotionally able to get in the groove.  Then it seemed like something else happened and the week was gone.  My daughter's birthday was Thursday and their big birthday bash was Saturday.  We did a medieval feast and tournament theme...it was so fun!  A lot of work for me, but totally worth it.  I just love making memories like this with my children.

We missed our weekly homeschool group meeting the past two weeks for a holiday and a Ken Hamm presentation about dinosaurs, evolution and other topics from a Christian perspective.  Then we missed today because 4 out of 5 of our family members weren't feeling well.  But...we can't put off school any longer!  So we're going to try to get back in the groove tomorrow...and picking up with letter N and week 14.

Letter N ideas
*Noodles...I love this idea!  Making noodles and trying to eat them with chopsticks (chinese take-out maybe?!); noodle art; noodle necklaces
*Nest...hunt for a bird's nest outside; make an art project of a nest;
*ninja...my boy would love this!
*numbers
*net
*Click here for a link to all kinds of cute crafts for letter N

Week 14
History--World War I leaders...Clemenceau, Lloyd George, Nicholas II, Wilhelm II, Wilson
*Great intro to why the US entered the war.  I love the idea of the role of journalism and writing a letter. There are other links posted on this blog post as well.  This may be more for week 15...but I liked it!
*I love the WWI dress up kit on this blog post!  Such a cute idea.  This post also has other ideas for the week 14 material...and a video I was going to post as well.  Love the "Horrible Histories" videos!
*Lots of info and resources on this blog post!
*WWI summary video...I think it's a little advanced for my littles, but I think it would be good for me to watch and then summarize in my own words for them.
*WWI tactics and strategy video--50 minutes

Science--acids and bases
*An interesting experiment...not sure if I have all the stuff to do it, but it would be worth trying!
*I like this apple science experiment...definitely using acids and bases I can find around the house!

English--Adverbs

*adverb adventure worksheet

Math--linear equivalents
*I love this cute printable from Suzanne Shares!  This link also has printables for other cycle 2 Math things.

God bless your week!

No comments: