Sunday, August 30, 2015

Moving right along to Classical Conversations Cycle 1, week 3

I'm not gonna lie....I'm beat!  So I'm going to post what I can and move on to a *hopefully* earlier bedtime.  : )  Hope this will help some of you out!

Let me start with this little gem on the page Homeschooling with a Classical Twist.  She's got some great Cycle 1 resources that you can print.  I LOVE the review pages!  A great way to start out the week! She's also got resources for the other cycles and Essentials.  I love these families who are so willing to devote their time, energy, and resources to provide some free printables to share.  What a blessing!

Science: parts of an animal cell
This blog post has a fun idea about how to make an animal cell.  She also has several other good Cycle 1 resources.
*Another edible cell activity that shows a plant and animal cell.

*This post at Homeschool with Winnie basically give you a complete set of resources for all of the subjects.  Thank you!

History: Greek/Roman gods
*We're going to color the sheet I printed from the link I posted above from Homeschooling with a Classical Twist.  I have a couple of Usborne books that we can look at (Encyclopedia of Ancient History; Romans; Greeks) and get some info from there.  Plus the link at Homeschool with Winnie gives a great explanation of each Greek god.

Latin: 1st Declension Noun Endings
*listen to the memory work and refer to the pages I printed from the Classical Twist link.

Geography: Hebrew Empire
Look at the places on the map and refer to our Encyclopedia that includes maps and info.  We could refer to stories in the Bible as well as some pictures and items that my hubby brought back from his trip to Israel.

Math: skip counting 5 and 6
*Use nickels to count by 5's
*Homeschool with Winnie link above has some videos that show skip counting for each number.

English: Prepositions
*Winnie has a video for this on her post as well : )

Hope you guys have a great week!


No comments: