Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Back to Blogging!

If there's anyone out there who still reads my blog...please stick with me! : ) Life has been a little crazy, to say the least, and we have just returned from a nice, long road trip to Colorado. The hubby wasn't able to go with us, but me, the kids, my mom, 6 yr. old nephew, and my grandmother headed out from Macon, GA in the van and drove....drove...many, many miles over the course of several states and made it to Colorado Springs. It was an adventure, to say the least. But it was great! We were able to see some amazing sites. I think one of my favorite states that we drove through was Kansas. There were lots of windmills and beautiful landscapes....and wind. Lots of that, too. Of course, I took lots of pictures. I won't try to overkill, but I will let you see one of my favorite sites in Colorado...Pike's Peak.

Every time we would drive by it, I would snap a picture. I knew that it probably wouldn't look that great through the car window, but I just couldn't resist. It was breathtaking. On the way out to Colorado, I couldn't help but think of all the pioneers and families who made that long trek in a covered wagon many, many years ago, to settle in towns like Colorado Springs. I wondered what they must've thought when they first caught sight of this beautiful peak. I've had the privilege of reading books, seeing pictures, and watching movies of many wonders of the world, but this may have been the first time those from long ago had ever seen anything like this. I'll bet they were blown away...I sure was.

We had a great time seeing many new things on our trip. The best part, though, was getting to see it with family, having that experience with them, and then going on to be with family that has moved out there and visit with them. In all of my travels, the places I've been have been amazing, but it's the people I spend time with, meet, and develop relationships with while I'm there that make the most impact. That's what I remember most.

God bless! I'm sure I won't be able to resist putting up a few more pictures later : )

No comments: