Sunday, September 5, 2010

A new Bible study

Today I started facilitating a Bible study at our church. I am SO excited about this study...I wanted to share it with all of you.

As you can see by the picture, it's called, "Women Making a Difference in Marriage," by Lana Packer. I've done this study before, but it was right after Joe and I had gotten married, so I know that I'll probably get something new from it this time around. One of the things that I love about this study is something I read in the leader's guide in the back of the book this afternoon. The author wrote that this study was not to be used to point out the shortcomings in our husbands, but to change us, as wives. To change our attitudes, our responses, our hearts. It's so easy sometimes for us as wives to point out that our husbands didn't do this, didn't do that, didn't help us with this. And when us ladies get together in a group...well...we all know that it's sometimes easy for us to feul each other's fires. That's definitely not what our goal is in this class. In fact, I think we're going to be dousing some of those flames with God's truth. We will be building each other up as women of Christ and asking God to work in our hearts. Only Christ can fill us to satisfaction. I look forward to seeing what God is going to do over the next 8 weeks! Please keep this group in your prayers.

No comments: