Thursday, September 30, 2010

Busy as bees!

I've been waiting for something fabulous to write about...and we have done some fun things...but mostly we've been BUSY! Especially me. I've been homeschooling Monday through Thursday, having church activities on Wednesday nights, leading Bible study on Sunday afternoons along with church twice that day, and we've gone to Macon the past four weekends. And the pace isn't slowing down! If my calculations are correct, we will also be busy for the next five weekends! Go, go, go!
We have a women's conference this weekend that I will be participating in that I wanted to let all of you readers know about. Most of you probably already know, but I wanted to mention it anyway. It's titled, Imagine Me, Set Free and the key speaker is Pat Layton. We're having a prayer walk tonight in preparation for the conference this weekend. Please pray for this event. We're reaching out to a lot of women in our area and praying that they will come. So far, we've had over 100 ladies sign up. Please pray that God would do a mighty work in the hearts of women who are hurting and need the Lord's healing touch. There are 30 women who have received scholarships to come who couldn't normally afford it. These women really need this ministry and we pray that they would feel comfortable in our church, around the other women who will be there, and that God would do a mighty work in their hearts. Thanks for your prayers!
Other events that we're looking forward to in our home include a homeschool trip to Ellijay on October 8th! We're going to pick apples at an orchard and do some activities there, then spend the night in the area. The next day we're going to Dahlonega and take a tour of a gold mine and go panning for gems. I'm also going to see my best friend, Kimberly Buchanan, since she lives in Dahlonega (yay!). Next week we are studying the letter F, so the mother of the other girl in our class and I are planning a potential trip to the firestation. Hopefully I'll be able to take lots of fun pictures! Our anniversary is October 16th, so we'll probably take a little getaway that weekend. The Perry fair is coming to town next week so I'm hoping we'll get to go there one day.
So much going on! I'm glad that we're able to do so many things together as a family and with friends. God is good to bless us so much!

No comments: