Friday, June 10, 2011

Most recent favorite things!

I haven't done a "favorite things" post in a while, and as I was trying to brainstorm about a good blog post, this topic came to mind! Of course, this is not an Oprah level favorite things, but more practical for everyday folks like me!



My first new favorite thing: the Kindle. Yes...I LOVE my Kindle. I knew I would like it, but I didn't realize how much I would love it. I was already kind of addicted to finding free books on Amazon before I even had a Kindle, but now I think I've reached a whole new level : ).




A few of the latest freebies include:
The Millennials by Thom Rainer and Jess Rainer
Wild Thing by Dandi Daley Mackall
The Prisoner in the Third Cell by Gene Edwards
Cotillion by Georgette Heyer
Leadership Prayers by Richard Kriegbaum
The Affectionate Adversary by Catherine Palmer
The Voyage of Promise by Kay Marshall Strom
Journey to the Well: A Novel by Diana Wallis Taylor
This Fine Life by Eva Marie Everson
and
Swan House by Elizabeth Musser
I hope they're all still free if you'd like them! Some stay free for a few weeks, others for just a few days.


My next new favorite thing...this cute dress from Old Navy! I got this as a gift and I tried it on tonight and LOVE it! It's gauzy and light...perfect for this hot Georgia summer. I'm a pretty modest girl, so I have to wear a tank top or shirt under this...and based on the reviews I read, I think pretty much anyone would. This dress got some negative reviews for being too big, but I like the roominess. I don't want my clothes too clingy anyway, especially in these temperatures. I'm so excited about wearing it this summer! And right now...dresses are on sale at Old Navy!


On a spiritual note, Angela Thomas' Women's Bible study, Brave!, is another new fav. I just finished facilitating it at our church and thought it was great. I'm not a big fan of just sitting and watching a DVD for 45 minutes for a Bible study, but I actually loved hearing Angela speak. She's so down to earth and almost all of the topics I could relate to. I would definitely recommend it! I also hope to attend Lifeway's dotMom conference in September of this year in Birmingham, AL. Angela will be one of the speakers there along with Priscilla Shirer, Vicki Courtney and a few others. There are also several breakout sessions that cover a variety of topics for Moms. I think it will be a great time of learning and fellowship!



On a writing note, and my last favorite of the day, I love the Seekerville blog at www.seekerville.blogspot.com. As I've tried to learn about writing Christian fiction, this blog has been an awesome resource! There are new entries each day from different fiction writers that offer tips and advice from their experience. They are also very generous! I have won three autographed books by three different authors, along with a Starbucks gift card and a free five page critique! As I continue to work on writing and (hopefully) publish a novel one day, I will credit this blog and its contributors as a big stepping stone. A big thanks to Melanie Dickerson, as well, for introducing me to the blog. Her book, "The Healer's Apprentice," is amazing and a Christy finalist! I would highly recommend it.


Have a great weekend!

No comments: