Saturday, February 18, 2012

Top Ten Cravings

It's been a while since I've done a baby update.  I feel like I'm viewing life in terms of what's on the schedule for the week...I guess to help the time go by.  There have been many times throughout this pregnancy that I've felt like this has been my hardest one yet...and then other times I feel like it's been my best.  Tomorrow will begin week 34...and I honestly can't believe I have about 5 more weeks to go!  Lord, help me have endurance!  I have gained (well, so far) the least amount of weight with this one, but I feel like each week my tummy is getting bigger and bigger.  I've had a lot of pelvis shifting issues this time around, which has been a little draining and painful.  I've also been busy with homeschooling, keeping up with a now 3 and 5 year old, and trying to keep my house from looking like a total wreck.  Not to mention trying to coupon, save money at the grocery store each week, and cook meals at home as opposed to eating out.  Whew.  Yes, I'm tired.  But I wouldn't have it any other way.  I love seeing my sweet girl grow and learn.  She is such a joy.  I know she's going to be a big help to me when the baby comes.  Isaac is full of personality and is saying so many things and expressing his thoughts so well.  He's also showed interests in music, coloring, and is a whiz at putting puzzles together.  I can't imagine how it's going to be when the little guy gets here. : )  Chaos.  Wonderful chaos.

I've had some interesting cravings this time around...so I thought I'd tell you about them : ).
Top Ten Pregnancy Cravings...baby #3
1. ice...I craved this with Sophie, too, but I don't think it was this bad!  My favorite ice:
Flaky ice from NuWay.  It's awesome.  The perfect consistency.  Goes great with one of their chili dogs, too.  I think I could eat 2 or 3 of them if I let myself (no, I haven't...yet).  Sonic and Zaxby's ice is a close second (their ice is very similar).  I can get a cup of ice water for 25 cents in the Zaxby's drive-thru, but if you buy something I think they'll give it to you for free.  Mmmm.  When I can't get one from one of these places, I've opted for just putting a bottle of water into the freezer.  I do this about 2 or 3 times a day.  If you leave it in for about 2-3 hours...it's just right.  : )  I really crave it at night, which is not good because then I end up having to go to the bathroom all through the night.  Worth it?  Um, yes.  I think.
2.  Salad...I've never craved this during pregnancy before.  I guess it's a good craving to have if you're not piling on the dressing.  My favorite way to fix it right now is just some lettuce, a little shredded cheese, a few croutons, chopped celery if available, and a combo of some ranch dressing and a little balsalmic vinegar dressing.  But I'm not limited to that.  I like the spinach/strawberry salad with walnuts...yum!  I also like Ceasar salad.  Ok...it's all good.
3.  Nuts...I think this is probably another "good" craving done in moderation.  My favs are walnuts.  So good!  I also like pecans, too.  Almonds...preferably without the shells.  Peanuts.  Cashews....
4.  Ice cream...ok...enough with the healthy cravings.  You know I had to want me some ice cream.  It's so good.  Especially when you put some in a glass and pour a little milk over it.  Squish it up with a spoon and it makes this kind of icy-type chunks in there.  Oh my word.  Putting a little magic shell and/or some whipped cream on top just makes it even better.  Which leads me to my next craving...
5.  Cherries....yes, the kind in the jar with the red juice that I'm sure it totally awful for you.  I ate about half a jar one day. 
*Dairy Queen had a choco cherry love blizzard the other day for Valentine's.  It may still be there.  It's ice cream, chocolate magic shell-like pieces with cherries and cherry juice.  My stars!  It was SOO good!*

6.  Chocolate....I don't know if I could count this as a craving because I pretty much like it year-round...preggo or not.  Cadberry eggs are starting to show up in the stores...mmmm.
7.  Cheesy stuff...I don't really know how else to describe it.  Rich, cheesy things, such as this chicken enchilada dip that a friend made for a party I went to.  It had cream cheese and shredded cheese in it.  Cream cheese is so good!
8.  Candy.  This is rough.  I could eat and eat and eat candy.  I like it sweet, sour, pretty much any way.  Sour patch kids, laffy taffy, air heads, tootsie rolls...and the list goes on.  I must stop stealing my kids' candy.
9.  Lemony stuff...lemon is just a great flavor.  Raspberry lemonade, lemon bars...a little sweet and a little sour.  Perfect combo.
10.  Spaghetti...this has been a mild craving, but I think I could pretty much have spaghetti any day of the week.  It's always a good go-to dish. 

This list definitely does not cover all of my food loving this time around.  Food, after that first trimester, has tasted better than ever!   Please keep my in your prayers as we finish out these last weeks and prepare for our new baby boy! 
Blessings~Stacey

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love reading about your cravings! It brings back a lot of memories for me when I was pregnant...with you it was corn-on-the-cob! I couldn't get enough!!
Love you! Mom

Mimi Bryant said...

I laughed as I read about your cravings. The ice one is really interesting. I haven't been prenant for 22 years and still crave chocolate!