Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Girls night!

Let me begin by saying how thankful I am for the wonderful ladies in my life!  I have been very blessed with some fun, sweet, chocolate-loving girlfriends from church.  Our young couples Sunday School class tries to have some socials throughout the year as a whole group, but the ladies in the class try to do a girls night once every month or so.  With the holidays we haven't had one in a while, but last night was the big night!  So fun!

My friend, Becky, hosted us and made some delicious chili.  We added some shredded cheddar, sour cream, and Fritos to make it even better!  Mmmm.  Our theme for last night...chocolate.  Yum!  Becky served us a great smore-like treat.  I had to share.  I don't have pics, but basically what she did was...
Got some cinnamon/sugar graham crackers and broke them into the little rectangles.  Then she placed them on a cookie sheet and put a regular sized marshmallow on top.  She turned the oven on broil and actually left the oven door cracked so she could keep an eye on how cooked they were getting.  Then, once they were a little brown, she took them out and placed one little rectangle of plain Hershey's chocolate on top.  It melted just a little bit.  They were SO GOOD!  The cinnamon graham crackers really made the difference.  It reminded me of a Pioneer Woman episode (Food Network on Sat. mornings) in which her kids had a camp out.  PW brought smore things out to the site for them, except she tweaked them a little.  If I recall correctly, she did some with chocolate graham crackers, marshmallows, and peppermint patties.  She did another variation with regular graham crackers, peanut butter, marshmallows, and reece cups.  Yum!  I think I'll have to try that!

We had lots of other chocolate goodies, too!  Oreos, chocolate covered pretzels, a huge bowl of cut up chocolate bars of many kinds, and more.  I left last night feeling like I was going to bust!  We not only eat at these fun little gatherings....we also watch a movie!  We try to make it a non-sad, girly movie.  Our pick last night....The Count of Monte Cristo!  Here's a little video that summarizes the movie...the music is a little intense, but I thought it was good overall!  Jim Caviesel...so good!

I can't wait til the next girls night! Blessings!

No comments: