Friday, March 9, 2012

Splish Splash...I was takin' a bath!

I'm having a little trouble posting these days...you know, about to have a baby and all.  Most of my free time is spent trying to slowly do things around the house so it won't become a total wreck or trying to rest.  The ankle and leg swelling is a bit uncomfortable.  But...we're still doing school!  I'm committed to trying to keep going until I can't go no more!  I'm trying to plan some fun things, too, because after the baby is born we'll pretty much be done for the rest of the school year.  Here in Dodge Co, school is ending May 11th, which will only be about 7 weeks after the baby.  I'm hoping to do a few things this summer, but we'll see how everything goes.  Here's a fun activity we did this week...
 The girls put their swimsuits on and we had a lesson in the tub!  We started by using some color tablets I had to see what would happen when they combined yellow and blue.  I like the green color : ).  I also let them use some bath markers and practice some writing on the bathtub walls.
 Oh yeah!  Having fun!  I let the girls pick out several things from inside...and outside...to see if they would sink or float.
 I made a chart while they were practicing their writing and wrote in yes or no as they were experimenting.  I also taught them about making predictions and asked them if they could predict if it would sink/float before we tested it.
After we did that I got out some measuring cups/spoons and we measured a few things.  I mostly just let them play with them for a few minutes after we did a few measurements. 
I loved Bethany's comment after we finished.  She said to Sophie, "This has been the funnest day!"  Lol!  I love doing fun things with these girls.  Homeschooling has been so much fun for me, too!

Please keep us in your prayers...baby is comin' soon!  I have a little over 2 weeks...wow!  Tomorrow I'm having a baby shower and I'm so excited.  Pics to come!

No comments: