Sunday, March 11, 2012

Showered with Blessings!

 Yesterday some girls from our Sunday School class threw us a baby shower.  I honestly was so surprised to be able to have a shower with baby #3!  Because we had a lot of baby stuff already, this was a gift card shower.  How awesome is that?!  I not only feel blessed by my sisters in Christ, along with my family who attended, but also blessed by the Lord for His provision.  Can we say diapers and wipes provided for a while!?  Thank you, Lord!
 Another special thing the girls planned for the shower was a blessings book for the baby.  Several of them wrote verses and my friend, Jennifer Giddens, put all the verses together...along with some amazing scrapbooking skills...in a beautiful baby book for us!  All I have to do is add pictures after he is born.  Another "how awesome is that?!" moment.  This is such a special gift that will be treasured for years to come!
 Here is the book from the outside along with a cute metal-framed basket that I LOVE!  I've always wanted one of those and it was a special gift for me and our family to enjoy.
Here I am...baby bump and all!  It was a great time of eating, fellowship, and laughter (our host, another good friend named Jennifer, planned some GREAT games).  It ministered to me on so many levels.  I'm so thankful that God knows just what we need and blesses us so faithfully!
Two more weeks!

No comments: