Sunday, May 13, 2012

Unforgettable days

 What a week!  It's been filled with craziness, some tears and sadness, and lots of joy.  This was our last week of homeschooling for this year and it is also our last week that Bethany will be with us.  I knew that she would be going to public school next year for a long time now, but it still hasn't sunk in that she won't be with us any more!  Honestly I think I'm trying not to think about it because it'll make me sad.  I'll miss that sweet little thing!  She brings energy and spunk to our little school sessions.  Here are the two girls with their certificates I gave them for doing a good job this year.  I'm just glad that I was able to pick up teaching again after having Seth even though some days were hit and miss.  I would've regretted not getting a little more time with Bethany.  I will also miss the fellowship that Bethany's mom and I had each day as we exchanged children...she'd drop Bethany here and take Isaac to her house.  We had a great set-up.  I'll miss that!
 Last year for our Bible study time during homeschooling we used "The Jesus Storybook Bible", which is awesome.  Bethany enjoyed it so as a parting gift we gave her a copy.  I'm praying it'll continue to impact her and her family.
 Bethany absolutely loves Seth.  If he makes a peep she's right there checking on him.  She always asks if she can hold him.  She's good with him, too.
Speaking of Seth...today was a special day for him and our family.  Not only was it Mother's Day, but it was also Seth's baby dedication.  Our belief is that we commit as a family to teach Seth about God and how to have salvation through Jesus Christ.  By doing this publicly, we are asking for our friends, family, and church to hold us accountable.  This is always a special occassion and I'm so thankful that several of our family members were able to come and share it with us.
***
I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to share about the weekend.  I feel like I've had several momma treats since Friday...and I've had my share of crazy moments!  Friday my sweet husband watched all three kiddos for me so that I could have lunch with some of my girlfriends.  It was just what I needed!  These women are fun but also love the Lord and that created some sweet fellowship.  Not to mention that we finally got to eat some Mexican food that was AMAZING!  I basically pigged out.  After I finished lunch the kids and I packed up and headed to my parents house to give the hubby some time to work on some upcoming church events.  I was glad to give him some time and the kids and I had fun going to the "bouncy place", Burger King, and then I was able to go grocery shopping...by myself!  Woo!  My plan was to do the outings on my own with the kids.  A little ambitious on my part.  I'm glad that my mom and sister went with us. I definitely need the extra sets of hands as I dealt with messy diapers, spit-ups, and potty breaks.  We got in kind of late Saturday and my wonderful man surprised me with a straightened up house and almost all the laundry done!!  I told him he was speaking my language...because that completely ministered to me!  On top of that he gave me a wonderful assortment of Mother's Day treats.  I think I really needed that because today was crazy.  I got to bed late and when I got up I had to feed the baby.  I also needed to bathe him, so I did that and right after I got him dressed he spit up.  But not so much on himself but on our bed...a big puddle.  Note to self...put lots of burp cloths under baby when putting him on your bed.  After that little situation I had to get the other kids up and ready...we were already running late.  I'm running around quickly feeding, dressing, and ironing clothes and I decide to give the baby a little bottle to help push him through the church service...since he was being dedicated.  Well, a few minutes after feeding him...spit up goes all over my pants.  There was even a little puddle at the bottom.  Did I change?  No way.  I wiped that stuff off and kept going.  I wasn't about to change my outfit.  We finally got out the door and it was raining.  Got to church and the umbrella was stuck and I couldn't get the hubby on the phone to help me unload.  He met us outside and we got everyone in but we were late.  Seth cried during the baby dedication but it was ok.  We made it off to go to the place I wanted to eat for lunch...which was about 20-30 mins away.  On the way, little girl needs to go potty.  We weren't fast enough so wetness ensues.  All of her clothes and the car seat.  Fun.  So we have to stop at a clothing store and buy a new outfit and a towel.  By this point I had not even eaten anything and was pretty wiped out.  We finally made it to lunch by about 2.  The food was awesome, so it was worth the craziness.  Then we had a pretty good afternoon even though I had to wash carseat covers.  Thankfully I don't have to be an MIT grad to figure out how to put them back on....some of the ones we had in the past I thought I'd never get back on!  
My mom gave me a card today that had the Superman symbol on it and it talked about being a "supermom".  I laughed and told my mom that I wasn't "supermom" I'm "survivor mom".  I'm surviving with a smile on my face because despite the craziness I'm a blessed woman.
Thanks for reading about my life!
Happy Mother's Day! 

No comments: