Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Spa day, three months, and diaper blessings!

 Right before Sophie and Isaac had their surgeries, I wanted to do something fun with them.  We invited Bethany over and had a spa/manicure/pedicure day!  It was so fun!  I let Isaac soak his feet, too : ).  After their soaking, I scrubbed all their feet with foot scrub.  Then I filed/clipped the girls nails and painted them however they wanted.  It was a lot of fun!  I want to keep planning special times with Bethany so that she and Sophie can continue to stay in touch and keep up their great friendship. 
 And who is this handsome little guy?!  : )  That's my precious Seth...or Sethy as we tend to call him.  He's really starting to love his bath.
 A few days ago Seth turned 3 months old.  I can't believe it!  The time is flying by.  This little guy is growing, too.  He's already 12lbs 1oz.  I'm so thankful that nursing has been so successful.  It really takes a load off knowing that he's getting all he needs.
I just HAD to post about my exciting trip to CVS today!!  I was about to jump out of my skin when I saw this awesome deal...and I wasn't even planning to go to CVS!  We were at the point this afternoon where we were on our last diaper for Seth, so I had to get some right away.  We were also trying to save money, so I thought I would save the most by just going to Walmart.  But as I was driving down the road, I kept thinking that I would just check in at CVS and see if I saw anything first.  Praise the Lord, I think it was Him that led me there.  I was scanning the diaper aisle and saw the CVS brand diapers for 50% off.  I also got a coupon from the kiosk for $3 off if I bought any CVS brand products.  So I thought...ok, this is good...I can get a couple of packs of these diapers and save.  Well, as they were being run up, the jumbo packs of diapers were only $2.22 each, which was about 75% off!  I was shocked...and thrilled!  They also had Welch's grape juice for $1.25 for a big bottle and chocolates and such for 75% off.  So I bought some juice, Reece's pieces (potty training), and about 4 packs of diapers for $15!  Well, then I got $1 extra buck back for my bag tag, so I went back and got 2 more packs of diapers.  I got home and got to talking with Joe.  I thought it would be good to just go ahead and stock up for future diaper needs for Seth now while they were so cheap.  He thought so, too, so I went back and bought more diapers!  In the end, I paid about $50 and saved over $120!!!  Woohoo!  I kept saying to Joe that this was a HUGE blessing from the Lord to find these.  God provides!

1 comment:

Becky said...

That's soooooo awesome!!!! I'm excited for yall! haha