Saturday, June 30, 2012

My new favorite party dish!

I've been a little neglectful of the blog this week!  Life has taken some twists and turns and I've been quite busy adjusting to all of the changes!  I found out that I will have to have surgery soon to remove a possibly cancerous nodule on my thyroid.  It's not definitely cancerous, but just the thought is a little scary!  I also started a tutoring job this week that I'm really enjoying!  Elementary education is what my degree is in, and I'm realizing how much I'm enjoying tutoring this little second grader.  But it has caused us to adjust our schedule and have more going on.  I also had two out of town dr. appointments for the kids this week that I had to rush back and forth to.  By Friday I was pretty tired...but I had plans : ). 

My birthday cake...with flowers and strawberry butterflies : )

My birthday is next week (July 4th) but everyone is always busy.  So I decided to give myself a party.  : )  I invited friends, cooked a bunch of my favorite types of food, baked and decorated a cake, and got some games to play.  It was a lot of work, but just the kind of therapy I needed!  I got a lot of the food ideas from Pinterest...including the recipe I'm about to tell you about! ; )

It follows my usual criteria...fast, easy, and delish!  There is no chocolate, though...but it's still yummy!

Cherry Cheesecake Dip
2 containers Cool Whip (I used the generic)
1 small container of marshmallow creme
1 bar of cream cheese
1 box of graham crackers
2 cans of cherry pie filling

Leave cream cheese out to soften.  Take one sleeve of graham crackers and crumble.  Sprinkle onto bottom of 2 8x8 dishes or 1 8x13 dish.  Combine softened cream cheese, marshmallow creme, and cool whip.  Spread carefully over graham crackers. (It works well if you pour all the filling evenly over crackers first then very gently spread.)  Put both cans of pie filling over the top and refridgerate until ready to serve. Break up remaining graham crackers to use for dipping.  Yum!

Enjoy!  Please continue to pray for us and the busy weeks ahead!  Thanks for reading and God bless!

No comments: