Sunday, November 25, 2012

Give Thanks With a Grateful Heart

Last Thursday, as we all know, was Thanksgiving.  This year, it's taken on a different meaning for me.  I've pondered a lot about life this year.  Faced with health challenges and surgeries...among other things...Heaven has looked a little sweeter.  But so have the things on this earth that really matter.
 My family.  They have given me so much support, love, encouragement, prayers...and things I'm sure I don't even realize.  I am grateful for a loving, Godly family.
 My kiddos.  I just look at these pictures of them and my heart swells...along with my eyes : ).  I love them so much.  Even when the days are tough...when there's poopy diapers, poopy accidents, discipline issues, tears, spit up, sickness...all of it fades out of my memory for a moment as I imagine a second of life without them.  If this is just a glimpse of what my Heavenly Father feels for me...I am overwhelmed.
 My littlest's first Thanksgiving.  I'm a little sad thinking about this being my last baby's first Thanksgiving.  I'm not going to go there!
 My best friend.  In eight years we've experienced deaths of loved ones, three babies with three different baby stories, ministry, sickness (oh, the sickness!), cancer, and surgeries.  Lots of laughter, some great trips, meeting new people and fellowshipping with old friends, birthday parties, special moments, and tears.  It's what two becoming one is all about.  My, how grateful I am that I waited for God's choice for me.

Making turkey cookies with the kiddos was a great way to round out the day.  I love doing fun little things like that.  My niece and nephew got to decorate with us! 
I said this a lot lately, but I'll say it again...God has blessed me!  Praise Him!  God bless you this holiday season!

No comments: