Saturday, November 17, 2012

Tea time

 Today was a fun, busy day.  We had our little friend, Bethany, who used to do homeschool with us, over for a playdate.  It has been a while since she's been over, so I wanted to really try to make it special. I thought we could make cupcakes...but instead of putting them in the cupcake papers we put them in ice cream cones : ).  We also colored the batter. 
 After they were cooled, we had a little decorating crew.  Sophie and Bethany would put on the icing...chocolate almond (yum!)...and Isaac would add the sprinkles.  It brought back some good memories to see their chairs all lined up by the kitchen counter.  I didn't realize how much I missed the time we had those two years of homeschooling!
 I've been thinking lately that I really need to use my nice china more.  I was one of those brides that said, "If I get china, I'm going to use it!"..not.  I have to confess that I have not used my china very much at all.  But today...we used the china!  I let the girls have the fancy cups and plates for their tea party.  Sidenote...Bethany's birthday was over the summer and I asked her mom what she wanted.  We had a tea party earlier in the year at my house and Bethany told her mom that she didn't want us to give her a present.  All she wanted was for me to have a tea party for her at my house as her gift.  Presh!  I have had to put it off for a while because of the surgeries, baby, etc., so I was so glad that I was able to finally give her a tea party!  We also sang happy birthday to her and her smile was so big!
I brought out my special tea cup, too.  I bought this many years ago when I was in England.  It's so pretty and never gets used...so I've decided that I'm going to start using my pretty tea cups.  Life is too short! : )
Blessings~Stacey

1 comment:

Keisha said...

Oh! I love the tea cup! Beautiful! What a Fun day!!!