Saturday, January 26, 2013

Making laughter my chocolate...

I love chocolate.  Don't most women?  I can live without it, but it's definitely something that I'm thankful I don't have to live without.  Lately I've been reading Ann Voskamp's book, "One Thousand Gifts".  I hesitated for a long time because I just didn't feel a strong desire to read it.  Plus I sometimes try to fight the trends for some reason.  But God knew when the timing was right because the first few chapters felt like she was opening up the pages of my life during 2012 and copying them down in her book.  I also subscribe to her blog and today's post was entitled: "A Lifeplan When You're Overwhelmed: A Sanity Manifesto Printable".  Ann has come up with a 25 for Sanity Manifesto..a few ways to keep your sanity when life gets crazy.  She describes them indepth on this post and she also offers a free printable of it.  I printed it out.  Ann's wording/way of expressing her thoughts are very creative so sometimes it's hard to absorb exactly what she means.  But when one of them was, "making laughter my chocolate" I could relate.  So I thought I'd share some things that make me laugh...oh, and I just ate some chocolate a little while ago.  But, in light of my efforts to eat right, I'm going to try harder to make laughter my chocolate instead ; ).

I can't help it...this is just hilarious...


I'm a sucker for the "Call Me Maybe" videos...


I've caught on to the fact that there's a growing following for the show "Duck Dynasty".  I had no clue what it was about since we don't get that channel on our cable.  While I was visiting my parents I noticed that they had some episodes taped on their DVR, so I started watching.  Now I know why it's so popular...I laughed so hard!  My favorite line of that episode, "I'd rather play patty-cake with a dead mouse than touch Si's tea cup."  LOL!  Here is a little clip I found that also brought a smile to my face:


Hope I brought you some laughter : D

No comments: