Saturday, April 6, 2013

Worldwide Culture Swap

Have I posted about this before?  Honestly, I can't remember (do you feel sometimes like all of your brain cells are shot by the end of the day...). I just took the plunge and signed our family up!  I'm honestly really excited about this!


A mom in our homeschooling community sent us a mass email about this not too long ago and I checked out the blog.  This is right up my alley.  I LOVE learning about different cultures and making connections with different families.  The worldwide culture swap is a way for families to connect with each other across the globe.  It's free to sign up...but you're committing to sending four packages to different families you are grouped with.  Your package needs to contain some things about your state...postcards, food items, seed packs, etc.  You can also get as expensive or inexpensive...and creative...as you want to.  The other families in your group will also be sending you a package from their country.  It's a great way to learn about another country, connect with people around the world, and to me...it's just fun!  : )  I had pen pals from England and Italy when I was in middle school/high school and on up through post college days.  I haven't been in touch with them in a long time, but it was really fun to exchange notes, little packages, and other things over the years.  I think the kids and I will really enjoy it and it fits right in with learning at home. 

If you're not interested in sending packages overseas, they also have a USA swap, where you can swap with other families right here in the states.  That may be something we do later.  For right now, I was interested in the overseas one.  It says it takes 2-4 weeks to be paired up with your group.  I look forward to blogging about this!  Let me know if you decide to do this with your family!


No comments: