Tuesday, April 1, 2014

An Author's Inspiration

I just finished Tamera Alexander's newest book, A Beauty So Rare, last night.  I can't wait to share my review with you later on this week!  One thing I love about Tamera's books, especially the ones that have taken place in Nashville, TN, is the inclusion of real places and people.  A Beauty So Rare is no exception.  It incorporates not only the city of Nashville, but the Belmont mansion, it's owner, Adelicia Acklen Cheatham, and other historical events happening during that time in our nation's history.  For that reason, I felt like I stepped into the pages of history as I was reading this novel.  Even though our two main characters are fictional, they most certainly came to life for me.  In light of this, I wanted to share a video that Tamera has made sharing her inspiration for A Beauty So Rare.  It's a great way to see this story through the author's eyes.  Hope you enjoy!  And stay tuned later in the week for more of my personal thoughts on this novel. : )

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello fellow blogging buddy! Going to be reading my copy on a plane tomorrow night!! :)

Heidi Reads... said...

I think this interview is just lovely. I so enjoyed all the historical treasures found in the book.

The Great Adventure said...

Jamie...I think you're going to love it! I certainly did! Thanks for stopping by! Same to you, Heidi! I enjoyed all the history in this book as well. Definitely makes me want to visit Belmont!