Friday, November 13, 2009

Conversation with Sophie


Sophie is at such a fun age. I can sit and talk to her and have a conversation with her and she will say the funniest things! We were just sitting at the lunch table and she was talking about Swiper the fox. For those of you who are not familiar with Dora the Explorer, there is a "sneaky fox" named Swiper on the show who likes to take things from Dora and her friends. Back to the table...

Sophie: Swiper, where are you?! (loudly)

Me: Sophie, Swiper's not here. Where is he?

Sophie: He's at work.

Me: Oh, really? Where does he work?

Sophie: At the class.

Me: Ok, what kind of class?

Sophie: (Gives an answer I don't understand...then says..) Mom, Swiper LOVES Kristen (a girl at church in her class).

Me: He does?

Sophie: Yes, He LOVES Kristen. Swiper loves Annie, too. (another girl in her class)

Me: Does Swiper love you?

Sophie: No. (pause for a minute) Mom, I love Swiper. I want to call him.

Me: Ok. If you call him, what will you say?

Sophie: Buenos Dias (in the voice of the Sleepy Sloth on Dora...so cute!!)...

Me: (smiling) Sophie, that is so cute! You sound like the Sleepy Sloth!

Sophie: Yes, I sound like the Sleepy Slopth (she pronounces it with a "p" in there...makes it even cuter :))


At this point, I try to get the video camera to see if I can record her saying this stuff...but the battery didn't work! So I had to run in here and type it up before I forgot!


Sophie also loves to draw on her magna doodle. She was drawing all these lines. She said...Mom, I drew a snake! I said...wow, Sophie! That's a good snake. She said...it's a PRETTY snake :-). Then she drew some more lines...one that looked like a letter J. I said...that's a J Sophie! She said...it's a PRETTY J. :-)

I love these kiddos!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How precious!! Treasure those times...the memories can fade away, so write down everything in a book so you can read it one day when she is grown!! Love you, MOM

Anonymous said...

So cute, I love how their little minds work at this age! Daniel says the funniest and most random things, he is talking more and more as the days go by. On Thursday he was actually talking about Sophie when we were getting ready for LeeAnn's. He must have been looking forward to playing with her . . . we'll have to get together sometime soon. Elizabeth

The Great Adventure said...

That's sweet! I know..it's been too long since we've seen ya'll! I hope we can get together soon!

Selena said...

Too Cute! I can't wait to be able to have a conversation with my boys!(& understand what they're saying) :) So much fun!