Saturday, November 28, 2009

It's the most wonderful time of the year!











I must say that this is my favorite time of the year! I love the weather, the fall smells and colors, Thanksgiving, decorating for Christmas, and Christmas time! It's the best! We had a great Thanksgiving this year. We began by celebrating with some of Joe's family and some family friends on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Joe's cousin, Dan, grilled some amazing steaks (his specialty : )), and I made some carrot souffle and some Not-Yo-Momma's banana pudding. Yum! (I will try and post the carrot recipe tomorrow...it is sooo good!). It was a lot of fun. The next day we headed over to Macon to eat Thanksgiving at my parent's house. I wish I would've taken a picture of all the food we had there. My word! It was enough for everyone to eat their fill, eat supper later that night, take plates home, and there was still some left. So much food! But I gotta say that it was incredible! My grandmother's dressing is the best stuff I've ever had. I've got to get that recipe. I was also able to do a little shopping with my sister that night (found some good deals at Michael's) and then my sister colored my hair for me (Yay!). We got back late that night and did a little Black Friday shopping. I love getting a good deal! I found some nice jewelry and used a great coupon at Bath and Body. That night Joe and I had a great, long date. Today was Christmas decorating day. I played Christmas music, put up the tree, decorated it, and put up the decorations. I'll have more pics of that, later. I just love being with my family, listening to Christmas music, and preparing for the fun-filled, busy month ahead . I'm so thankful for God's blessing on our lives and the way He provides for us.
May He be the center of our season! God bless!

No comments: