Friday, December 4, 2009

Christmas brew....

What would Christmas time be without good 'ole apple cider?! I know that many of you may not have an apple cider tradition over the holidays, but over the past several years, this apple cider recipe has been brewed at Christmas parties, family get togethers, and this year, Thanksgiving. It is so good! Now my mom has one of those big coffee percolators (sp?) that has the basket on the top and the spout outside on the bottom. If you don't have one of those, you could probably put your spices in a cheese cloth tied at the top and let it float at the top of your pot or crock pot that you've got your juice in. Last year I cut some orange slices and let them float on the top...talk about some good stuff! Hope you enjoy! I know I do : )

Apple Cider
  • 1/2 quart cranberry juice (I like it a little less tart, so I use the cran-apple juice instead)
  • 2 quarts apple juice (or a 1/2 gallon)
  • 4 cinnamon sticks
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 tsp whole cloves
  • orange slices (optional)

Blessings!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

That cider sounds so yummy! I will have to give it a try!

The Great Adventure said...

We love it! It's a holiday favorite! Hope you enjoy it!