Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas goodies

We have had a wonderful Christmas this year, even though we've been on the road a lot. We've been able to travel to several fun places, including good time with family, and a wonderful trip to Pine Mountain with my parents. It was a great getaway! I also made some goodies for some friends. I wanted to post this wonderful new recipe I got for this year. I've made it twice already (it's very easy!) and it has been enjoyed by several...including me! : )

Holiday Popcorn
12 cups of popcorn (about a bag and a half of microwave popcorn)
40 jet puffed marshmallows
1/2 tsp salt, divided
4 squares Baker's semi-sweet chocolate (I used the off-brand)
1 stick butter/margarine
Preheat oven to 275. Sprinkle 1/4 tsp of salt on popcorn and set aside. Melt butter and chocolate in a large saucepan on low, stirring frequently. When it's melted, add marshmallows and melt completely, still stirring frequently. Take pan off of heat and stir in remaining salt. Pour over popcorn. Toss to coat (it's sticky). Spread onto greased baking sheet (I used Crisco because I was concerned about the stickiness). Cook for 15 min in oven and stir. Then put it in for another 10 min and put on wax paper to cool. It'll be delicious and crunchy in a few minutes! : )



In the oven and cooling on my countertop. Don't you just love my silver sparkly countertop? lol

One more goodie...

Chocolate Cookie Bark

2 Tbl. peanut butter

6 squares Baker's white chocolate--melted (I used the off-brand)

10 oreo cookies, crumbled, divided

8 squares Baker's semi-sweet chocolate--melted (off brand)

Add the peanut butter to the white chocolate. Then add half of the crushed oreos to the mixture. Add the other half of the oreos to the chocolate mixture. Drop spoonfuls on a waxed paper-covered baking sheet. Use a knife to swirl the chocolates together. Put baking sheet in the fridge for 1 hour or until firm. Break up and eat! Yum-O!

Hope you enjoy these treats! I got them off of this website: http://www.kraftfoods.com I get their recipe emails and have really enjoyed looking at them and using some of them. They even have video tutorials for some of them!

I hope all of you have had a Merry Christmas! I'll be posting more pics and adventures in the next few days!

God bless!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved the chocolate popcorn!