Sunday, January 17, 2010

Just Call Me Bop

I have a new name. It's Bop. Here's a little background. Sophie loves Veggie Tales. The two main characters....Bob (Bop) and Larry. Sophie has been Larry today. She's been calling me Bop. Sometimes she forgets and calls me Mommy, but then she corrects herself and goes back to Bop. Here's our conversation tonight as we were laying in her bed (me trying to get her to sleep):
I begin singing, "Go to Sleep Little Baby", which I sing pretty much every night...
Sophie: Ummm....Ummm...Bop...you're not funny.
Me: What?
Sophie: You're not funny.
A few minutes later I start to giggle at her...
Sophie: Bop...you're so funny!
We both start giggling. I try to get out of bed.
Sophie: Bop, I want you to stay here with me. I want you sleep with me in the bed.
Me: I need to get up and get ready to go to bed.
Sophie: No, Bop.
Me: Yes, I've got to go soon. I'll stay with you a little longer.
Sophie: Ok, Bop.
That's all I can remember! I wish I could remember all that she has said tonight...that girl is so funny! : D
Today is Sanctity of Life Sunday. I'm so thankful for the lives of my precious babies. Please pray that we would, as a country, value life and take a stand as a whole for the unborn.

Next week I'm also going to try and post an address for a missionary family who have been in Haiti for 10 years. They were protected during the earthquake, but want to help those in need. This will be a way for you to help supply families in Haiti with food and necessities effectively. It was posted at our church today and I will post it up as soon as I can! Stay tuned!

Blessings!

3 comments:

Keisha said...

That girl.... LOL! I just love her!!
She is so funny! I love to hear her say my name!! I can hear it RIGHT now in my head! lol!!
JUST precious!

I didn't get all of that addy yesterday morning.. so.. can't wait to get it from you so I can share on my blog too! That was just heartbreaking.. hearing him speak!!!
I wish I could get on a plane and go help Tim and his family!

Thanks for the laugh this morning.. Bop..*ahem* Stacey! LOL!

The Great Adventure said...

Last night when Matt came in there with the kids, Sophie started calling him Bop, too. LOL Apparently adults are Bops and kids are Larry. She called Isaac Larry-boy last night when he was getting into something. So funny! I'm supposed to get the address tomorrow from Joe and will hopefully post it sometime this week! I wish I could go, too. It's a very sad thing...but I pray God will open the doors for the Gospel!

Anonymous said...

That is so cute!! Sophie has such a unique personality....I can't wait to see what kind of young woman she becomes! She is very quick with her wit...maybe a little like Dad!! (Granddad) Can't wait to see all of you again soon! Love you, Mom