Saturday, January 2, 2010

2010...really?

Wow. It's 2010. It still hasn't quite sunk in yet. I can remember when it was time to count down to the year 2000 and what a big deal that was. Now it's 10 years later and it seems like it has just flown by! Here are some highlights of my first decade in the 21st century....
* Moved to Thailand in March of 2000 for a 2 year commitment. Moved back home almost 4 years later--December 2003. That time has impacted me in amazing ways...even now. Thank you, God, for leading me there.
* January 2004...went out on my first blind date with some guy named Joe Daniel. : ) You know how this story goes! Got engaged in May of 2004 and married October 16, 2004. Let me tell you...I NEVER expected God to do that...and that fast! But I'm sure glad He did!
* October 2005...Joe and I went on our first mission trip as a married couple to St. Petersburg, Russia. Great experience...and I was able to see what a great team Joe and I made on the mission field.
* November 2006...Joe and I took a short mission trip to Toronto, Canada. Another great trip. We love to travel together and serve the Lord in the process! I was also about 7 mos pregnant!
* January 30, 2007...Welcomed our baby girl, Sophia Abigail, into the world. What a joy she has been to us!
* Trips...Things slowed down a little after Sophie was born...but we were able to go to San Antonio, TX in June 2007 and Panama City Beach, FL in July of 2008. Both were great trips!
* January 26, 2009...Welcomed our bouncing baby boy, Isaac Joseph, into the world. He's got a smile that'll melt your heart!

Those are just a few of the highlights! It amazes me to see what God has done in just 10 years time. I feel confident that He will do a mighty work this year and the years to come. I've got some goals set and I'm praying for His help. Pray with me that I will:
*lose more weight
*get more sleep
*get physically stronger
*get Sophie potty trained
*spend more time with the Lord, grow closer in my walk with Him, share about Him more with others

Thanks and God bless!

No comments: