Monday, December 6, 2010

More reading!

In between church activities, homeschooling, laundry and all of that other stuff...I'm reading. I love reading. My imagination is fueled and active when I read a good book. For me, it's like watching a movie in my mind. It's often hard for me to put one down...I want to finish the movie! Recently I've discovered an author that I've really enjoyed. Our little church library has gotten two of her books (and I just now realized that they're part of a series! Uh oh! I think I must read them! lol). Her name is Cathy Marie Hake. The books I've read are:






Letter Perfect. It was the first one I read, and I loved it! It was funny, set in the west, and of course, a romance. But a sweet romance. I just loved the way the main character was clumsy and didn't really "fit the mold". There was also a little mystery to it that added some interest to the story.

The other book...Fancy Pants. Again, it was funny, entertaining, and I think I read it in about 2 days...2 days of staying up late and sitting around with this book within reach! It's the story of Sydney from England who was arranged to be married, but soon found that the man she was arranged to marry was not for her. She wrote a relative, who thought she was a boy, and agreed to have "him" join him out west. In order to escape, Sydney dressed like a boy and headed out...without thinking of how she was going
to keep up the charade. She was soon nicknamed "Fancy Pants".

Happy Reading! God bless!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Hey! I read Letter Perfect and thought it was good too! Can I borrow Fancy Pants? :) I would like to read it over Christmas! Hope Sophie is feeling better!!

The Great Adventure said...

I turned it back in to the library at church, so it's all yours! I found out that both are the first books in a series! I'm going to have to ask Joy about that! : )