Thursday, December 9, 2010

No cupcakes today...

I was all excited about my cupcakes. I had a vision. Today I was able to make a dash over to the local grocery store to pick up what I needed. I even found these cute cupcake papers at the store (I got the black and white ones in the middle)...and I had a 50 cent off coupon for them...which actually doubled and made it $1 off! I was pumped. I bought devil's food cake mix, white icing (both of which were also on sale at the store...woohoo!) that I was going to dye blue, and more white icing that would possibly become a snowflake. It was meant to be...or so I thought.

After my successful...and fast...shopping trip, I got home and little Sophie girl was running a fever. She had been running one last night. I thought she was doing better this morning. Well, the fever got worse. And even with a little Motrin, it was still there. As my Mommy alert began raising closer to code red, I decided not to wait it out and just gave our pediatrician's office a call. The nurse called me back and said, "go ahead and bring her on now." I knew without an appointment it might be a long one. But, we needed to do it. So we went. And a few hours later, we don't know why she's sick. But she's still running fever. So we're going back tomorrow. And today...there were no cupcakes. We got home at 6pm...and the party was at 6:30. I know God has a purpose in everything, so maybe those cupcakes are meant for another day. When it comes, I'm sure there will be pictures! ; )
God bless!

No comments: