Friday, September 9, 2011

I love the P-Dub!

I must confess that I'm one of the hundreds...probably thousands...of people who love The Pioneer Woman...aka Ree Drummond. I saw a link on a friend's blog to her site and it was all over. I started by reading her e-account of her and her man's love story, who she affectionately calls "Marlboro Man". I read "Black Heels to Tractor Wheels" in no time flat. Very entertaining! Since then I've been following her blog (thepioneerwoman.com). She blogs on homeschooling, home and garden, photography, cooking, and more. I really don't know how she does it...and manages a home and family! A few weeks ago her Food Network show debuted on Saturday morning (at 11:30am). I was so anxious about somehow missing the first episode that I even dreamed about it the night before! lol That's crazy, right?! I didn't miss it (whew!) and really enjoyed it. One reason I liked it was because it wasn't just a person standing behind a counter telling us how to cook...it incorporated the ranch, the family, and cooking. And the food was "real" food...mashed potatoes, chicken fried steak, mac and cheese, sliders...things that my family would actually eat and I can find the ingredients for. Love it! I also introduced my parents to it and the other day Mom made the mashed potatoes. They were awesome. Here is the recipe (foodnetwork.com):
Creamy Mashed Potatoes

2011, Ree Drummond All Rights Reserved

Ingredients
2 sticks butter, softened, plus more for pan
5 pounds russet or Yukon gold potatoes
One 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 to 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
Directions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Generously butter a 4-quart baking dish.
Peel and cut the potatoes into chunks. Bring a large pot of water to a simmer and add the potatoes. Bring to a boil and cook until fork tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
Drain the potatoes in a large colander. Place them back into the dry pot and put the pot on the stove. Mash the potatoes over low heat, allowing all the steam to escape before adding in all the other ingredients.
Turn off the heat and add 1 1/2 sticks butter, the cream cheese, heavy cream, seasoned salt, kosher salt and pepper. Mash to combine.
Spread the potatoes in the prepared baking dish. Throw pats of the remaining butter over the top of the potatoes and bake until the butter is melted and the potatoes are warmed through, 20 to 30 minutes.

If you go to this address...http://www.foodnetwork.com/search/delegate.do?Nr=Record Type:Result&N=501&fnSearchString=The Pioneer Woman...it should take you to all 13 of Ree's recipes. The lemon blueberry pancakes look divine! I hope you all have a great weekend! I'm planning to rest, hoping not to feel too nauseous, and enjoy spending time with the kiddos. Maybe I'll even read some. I've neglected my big pile of books that I want to read due to evening baby sickness! I also just saw that Lisa Bergren's next book is out (Torrent) and I can't wait to get it!!

God bless~Stacey

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's the P-Dub? I didn't get it but, as you know,...I'm slow...lol!
I'm glad you told me about Pioneer Woman because I like watching her show too! Love, Mom

The Great Adventure said...

Hey Mom...I know I explained this to you already, but...P-Dub...PW...Pioneer Woman....Ree Drummond : ). Thanks for making that potato recipe...it was awesome!! : )