Thursday, September 1, 2011

What's cookin' and some great Kindle freebies!

My friend Wendy brought me a little sample of a chicken dish she made the other night so I could see if I liked it. It was YUM-O! Plus it's easy...just what I like to hear! So Wendy brought the recipe over the next day and tonight I plan to try it out.


Tangy Ranch Chicken


4-6 (5 oz) boneless, skinless chicken breasts


2/3 cup Ranch dressing


1/3 cup classic yellow mustard


3 Tbsp. brown sugar


Directions:

Mix salad dressing, mustard and sugar. Pour 1/2 cup sauce into serving bowl. Coat chicken with the remaining sauce in a 3 qt. greased baking dish. Bake chicken at 350 for 25 min. until cooked. Serve with reserved sauce.


Alternative to baking: Prepare sauce as above. Cook chicken in 1 tbsp. hot oil in nonstick skillet until well-browned, about 10 min. Stir in reserved sauce. Simmer 3 min. until flavors are blended and chicken is glazed.


Easy, right?! Oh, yeah! Just the way I like it. I've even got the nutrition facts...if you dare look : ).


Serving size: 5 oz


Calories: 371


Fat: 8g


Saturated fat: 5g


Carbs: 5g


Fiber: 0g


Protein: 28g


Cholesterol: 125mg


Now that you have dinner...here is some entertainment! There are some awesome Kindle freebies right now! I was pretty pumped to see all of these great authors!

The Choice (can't remember the author) is free but I got the last time it was free. It's an Amish Christian fiction. I remember it being pretty good.
I Shall Not Want by Debbie Viguie (Christian thriller)
Invitation to the Jesus Life by Jan Johnson
The Applause of Heaven by Max Lucado
The Preacher's Bride by Jody Hedlund
Stars Collide by Janice Thompson
A Hope Undaunted by Julie Lessman
My Heart Remembers by Kim Vogel Sawyer
A Daughters Inheritance by Tracie Peterson and Judith Pella
No Place for a Lady by Maggie Brendan
and RV Cooking Cookbook by Gooseberry Patch (it's got some great little recipes in there)
I also picked up Cathy Marie Hake's book "Forevermore". It wasn't free, but it was marked down from $14.99 to 50 cents! I love Cathy's books, so I splurged! : )


Hope you enjoy!

No comments: