Sunday, April 8, 2012

Lead Me to the Cross

Empty tomb...full heart.  I saw this on a friend's facebook status today and I thought those two phrases summed up Easter in a great way.  When Jesus was crucified on the cross for our sin, that wasn't the end of the story.  He was placed in a tomb and it was sealed tight.  On the third day, a miracle happened.  Jesus defeated death and rose from the dead.  The stone sealing his tomb was rolled away and he emerged...victorious over sin, hell, and death.  Why would Jesus do that?  It wasn't just for himself.  He did it for us.  Everything he did, he did it so that we could experience the pleasure of freedom from sin and death.  By accepting this amazing gift we can have a full heart.  Empty tomb...full heart.  Thank you, Jesus!

This is a song my mom told me about last week when she was here.  It's not a new song but it's new to me.  As we celebrate Easter today, I want to be led to the cross.  Blessings this Easter ><&gt

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this song, too! I'm so glad you put it on your blog...I love the music and the words! MOM