Friday, April 20, 2012

A month of life

 We made it!  Actually our first month with baby Seth is quite similar to the first month with all of our newborns...sort of a haze.  Things I've learned about little man so far...
*He loves to be held.  It quiets him and gives him peace.  Therefore, we hold him : ).  Mommy and Daddy like peace...and sleep...as much as possible.
*At first he had his days/nights mixed up.  It was rough.  I think he's finally got them straight.
*I think what several people have told me about how newborns sleep about 21 hours out of the day might be true.  He sleeps a lot!  I'm kind of afraid sometimes when I see him drifting off during the day if it means those are hours he won't be sleeping at night.  As of right now he's getting some good night sleep...yay!
*If we have to supplement, which we are right now to help him gain some good weight, it's best to do it at night.  It definitely helps put him through a few extra hours!
*This one is a spit-upper.  Big time.  I'm talking projectile.  I have the evidence on my face tonight.  So, we prop him up as much as we can.  It seems to help him not be so fussy...or shoot spit up at us. 
*I think having one extra little baby has increased the amount of laundry I have by at least two-fold.  I think we have to change his clothes about 2 or 3 times a day and go through a bunch of blankets/burp cloths (see previous observation).  Even though the clothes are teeny...they add up fast!
*Last, but not least...I LOVE having another little one.  Yes, it's hard, I feel tired, and my body feels not quite itself but it's such a joy.  I'm thankful that our other two kids have transitioned pretty well and have welcomed Seth into the fold.  It's definitely helped that I've had such a quick and easy recovery from c-section #3.  I was concerned about how long it would take me to heal but it has been the easiest so far.
We're still figuring this guy out but we're so encouraged by his weight gain and growth.  I'm looking forward to that day when he's sleeping through the night and we'll all feel back to our old selves...and I can move on to working on losing this baby weight!  Oh joy! : )
Here are few other pictures from this month.  Easter!  I didn't know if we'd be able to do anything that day, but I felt good enough to get up, get the kids ready for the early church service, go to Sunday School, and head off to Macon to have some fun with family.
 Here are the kids and I in our traditional photo spot at my parents house.  The ivy is a little out of control, but we got a good pic : ).
 Here's my crew and my sister and her crew.  We were hubby-less that day.  Joe had to stay back and prepare for a sermon for the evening service and my sister's husband is serving with the military in Afganistan.
My sis, Mom, and I...happy to spend time together!
One month down...
blessed!
Stacey

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE YOUR BLOG!!!
I LOVE YOU TOO!!!
MOM

Mary Connealy said...

What a beautiful family, Stacey and such a precious baby.
My daughter, who has a one year old and a three year old, calls the first six months after she gives birth The Baby Daze.

The Great Adventure said...

Thanks, Mary! I agree with your daughter. I'm still in a daze! My first two were two years apart and it was tough. They are so close, though, so it was worth all the late nights and crazy days! I'm sure in another 6 mos I'll be saying the same thing about all three.

Thanks to you, too, Mom! You're such an encouragement! <3