Friday, August 24, 2012

Gifts of love...and a recipe : )

A sweet lady in our church brought us a little treat the other day.  She's the same lady that shared that delicious, moist cake with us after Seth was born and I put the recipe up here.  I just had to share her recipe for these biscuits.  I assure you...they're delicious! 

Deviled Biscuit
from Joyce Peacock

1 (12 oz) package of Pillsbury Grands Golden Layer Buttermilk Flaky Biscuits
1 (4 1/2 oz) can of deviled ham
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (Mrs. Joyce uses a little more)

Directions: Cut biscuits in quarters and arrange in two 8 in round pans that have been sprayed with Pam.  In a pot heat butter and deviled ham until well blended.  Pour mixture over biscuits.  Sprinkle cheese on top.  Bake 12-15 min, uncovered, @ 400 degrees until browned.  Serve as a snack, with salad, or with a meal.
Enjoy the deliciousness : ).

I also wanted to briefly say how grateful I am for my friends, family, and church family.  We have received phone calls, sweet cards, texts, visits, prayers, food and even flowers since I found out that the nodule I had removed from my thyroid was cancerous.  My parents sent me these flowers last week and they have been so beautiful to look at.  I have been on a bit of an emotional roller coaster lately.  After such a successful surgery the first time, I was really surprised to get the news that the nodule was cancerous and I would have to go through another surgery...this time to remove my whole thyroid.  I'm not really looking forward to this surgery and I am hoping that I won't have to go through any treatments afterwards.  But if I do, I am just going to trust the Lord.  It has been difficult to face the fact that I'm having health problems after living a life relatively free from them.  I am relying on what I know is true.  God is faithful, He is good, and I am taken care of by Him.  When I passed by these beautiful flowers the other day I was reminded that even the lillies of the field are taken care of and clothed by God..how much more does He care for me!  I believe God put that reminder in my head that day because I needed it. 
I am so grateful to all of you who are lifting me and my family up in prayer.  We are so thankful!  Surgery is scheduled for October 10th.  Please keep myself, my family (especially my little ones), and the medical staff in your prayers.  My doctor is named Dr. Terris and he is an excellent surgeon.  Please lift him up as well.
Thank you and God bless!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing. I love these recipes!

Love your blog. I haven't posted on my blog since planning for the wedding. Can't wait to start posting again.

Love,
Paige

The Great Adventure said...

Glad you like the recipes, Paige! Mrs. Joyce always brings delicious and unique things! I'm sure you'll have some good things to share as you've gone through this wedding planning process and seeing Meggie prepare for marriage.

Cara Putman said...

Stacey, you won a book on the Mackinac Island tour over on Tamera Alexander's blog. Could you email me your contact info and which book you'd like? Thanks!

Cara
cara at caraputman dot com

The Great Adventure said...

Yay! Thanks, Cara!