Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A Cool Treat

I can't think of many things that are more satisfying than homemade ice cream during the hot Georgia summer. It's basically my request every year for my birthday. Joe and I don't have one of those ice cream makers that you do the ice and the rock salt with, which is really the best kind for this recipe. We've been eating this ice cream since I was a little kid. I can still picture my grandaddy watching the ice cream churn, seeing if the mixture was ready, and then all of the family getting white styrofoam cups filled up to enjoy. Sweet memories. So now I pass it on to all of you. Our family chocolate ice cream recipe.


Sanders family chocolate ice cream recipe

1can condensed milk
1/2 gallon chocolate milk
1 container of cool whip (middle size)

Just combine all of that into a homemade ice cream container (we use the kind that has the container in the middle and you pour ice/rock salt around it) and turn it on (I think it usually takes an hour to freeze). It won't be really hard, but about the consistency of a frosty. Yum!





And it really does taste a lot like a Wendy's frosty. So good!! Hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

Sandy said...

I will sure try this one!