Friday, July 29, 2011

An easy, yummy dessert!

Our menu for supper tonight was rice, broccoli and cheese, and individual meat loaves. Everyone enjoyed the meal, but as I was cooking I felt like there needed to be a little something more. I looked around the kitchen to see what I had. I saw some fat free Cool Whip in the fridge, some low fat graham crackers on the counter, and I knew I had some hazelnut spread (aka Nutella--the Kroger brand is cheaper and tastes exactly the same--delicious!) in the pantry.


I thought...hmm...a kind of smore/ice cream sandwich thing sounds good. So I halved the crackers, spread some cool whip on one half and some chocolatey goodness on the other. I put the halves together and popped them in the freezer.
Doesn't that look good?! Well, it was good. If I would've made them earlier I think they would've been even better frozen a little more. But the kids, hubby, and I devoured them. My hubby even sang their praises and said they were even better than he thought they would be.
So...if you're looking for an easy dessert or snack that doesn't have too many calories, this might be good for you! Enjoy!
~Stacey~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to try that...going to Kroger tomorrow! Love your blog, by the way! And, you! MOM

The Great Adventure said...

Thanks, Mom! Hope you enjoy it : ). Love you!