Sunday, November 14, 2010

A little bit of Disney magic : )

Disney movies have always been enjoyable to me as a kid. I watched pretty much all of them growing up, but we have been more selective with Sophie as she is very young and we don't want anything to be scary for her. Seriously, the sea witch on Little Mermaid, the witchy women on Sleeping Beauty and Snow white, and sometimes even the Beast on Beauty and the Beast can be scary for a three year old. So we've mainly stuck to Cinderella and Peter Pan. We currently can't find the Peter Pan dvd, but Cinderella is still going strong. So when Mom asked if she could take Sophie and I to see Disney on Ice...I was so excited. Sophie didn't really understand what it was, so she didn't seem very interested. The look on her face when we walked into the Coliseum was priceless! Her little mouth opened and she couldn't take her eyes off of the ice. The whole time she sat in my lap in a Disney trance! : ) I totally enjoyed it myself, too! I felt like I was a little kid, watching the best parts of the classic Disney movies. The feature story was Cinderella, too! Perfect for Sophie. She was so excited to see the best parts of the movie she loves, along with songs from the movie we have sung as a family.
Our seats were also great! We were in some seats on the floor and not far from the ice, so we were able to see the skater's faces clearly. I love to be able to see the faces of those who are performing rather than a moving blur. I would definitely recommend splurging on a little more for a seat so that you can see. It makes a big difference. For the kids that were sitting right there on the front row next to the ice, some of them got to "try on" the glass slipper. I thought that was very cute. I must give a BIG thanks to Mom (and Dad) for providing us with this special experience! It's so much fun to see Sophie reach an age that she's able to enjoy things like this. The next fun thing I hope to take her to is our annual Christmas tradition (for me, Mom, my sister, and now my sister's little girl)--the Nutcracker Ballet!
Here she is...Cinderella with all the other princesses in the big finale. What a great show!




No comments: